Search engine optimization is needed by every website. There are two kinds of SEO: On Page SEO and Off Page SEO. A website necessitates the two methods to improve search engine ranking.
On Page SEO
1. Meta Tags. When it comes to SEO, title and meta description tags are vital. Make short but evocative title tag with keywords in it. In creating the meta description tag, prevent from inserting too much keywords.
2. Keywords. You can start optimizing your website from the most competitive keywords up to the long tail keywords.
3. Content. Know that Google as the most popular search engine loves fresh and unique content. Thus, write quality site contents. Always keep in mind to mention your keywords!
4. Page Size. Five to fifteen kilobytes page size is enough to let the bots crawl the whole page easily.
5. Frame. Don’t use frames because it’s a hindrance in the crawling of the search engine bots to your website. The tendency is, the other links are not crawled, making them useless.
6. Alt Tag. Alt tag is often disregarded by many. Since search engine bots cannot read images, use alt tag for your keywords.
7. H1 Tag. Utilize h1 tag for improved optimization since some search engine find this tag essential.
8. Internal Links. To better improve your website and other web pages, create links within your site going to the other relevant pages.
9. Cross Browser Compatibility. You must test your website with the popular web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Apple Safari and Internet Explorer) to be able to know if you need to debug and fix your program codes.
10. 301 Redirection. You can use this to know if your website loads with “www” or not and if this leaks the PageRank of your website.
Off Page SEO
1. Directory Submission. Websites can be submitted to popular and free directories.
2. Article Submission. EzineArticles and Buzzle are two of the most popular article submission sites so make sure to submit yours. This is one of the best ways to get organic links.
3. Blogs. Create blogs to improve your website’s online presence and increase link popularity.
4. Blog Comments. Post comments to blogs that are do follow with your URL and keyword as the name.
5. RSS Feeds. You can submit your RSS feeds to be able to post articles automatically. The workloads are dwindled.
6. Link Exchange. You can ask fellow bloggers and webmasters to exchange links with you. But don’t overdo it. In some situations, Google tags this event as link farm which is unethical in the world of SEO.
7. Backlinks, Backlinks and More Backlinks. Ensure the backlinks are created on do follow sites. Even with backlinks, do not forget that quality is always better than quantity.
8. Press Releases. It is one of the efficient ways to improve search engine ranking.